Medical Admitting Representative
This position conducts registration and obtains financial reimbursement for all patients accessing service at medical facilities. Reviews all account information to optimize collection efforts and system recording events to expedite reimbursement and compliance; resolves issues as they arise to promote point of service decisions. Explains and obtains signatures on hospital legal forms i.e. Conditions of Admission, Financial Agreement, Advance Directive, Hospital Grievance policy. Collects and releases patient valuables in accordance with Administrative Policies. May collect and release patient valuables in accordance with Administrative Policies. May require some offsite travel.
Schedule: Varies, must be able to work nights, days, weekends, holidays. Hours and shifts will vary. Must live in Sterling, CO.
Essential Functions of the Medical Admitting Representative
1. May be assigned to a variety of admitting, registration and customer service work. Performs preregistration/
registration processes, verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations and notifications. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation required by the patient’s insurance plan.
2. May calculate patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and copayments.
3. Provides information and customer service to patients, patient families and visitors. Provides information and instructions to patients regarding hospital procedures and services. As required, assists patients with transport to their rooms.
4. As assigned, provides reception and telecommunications operator services.
Medical Admitting Representative Minimum Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Customer service skills
- Previous experience with financial transactions
- Ability to learn medical terminology, and understanding of all common insurance and payor types
- Basic computer skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication skills
Sterling, Colorado 80631
APPLY FOR JOB